UK Chauffeurforce (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) the data controller is UK Chauffeurforce, London N18 3BH
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us on the telephone, on our website ukchauffeurforce.com) (“our site”) or via email or other correspondence. It also includes any information which may be provided in future if we introduce a mobile app service for our clients. This includes information provided at the time of making bookings for our services or for any other reason if you need to make a complaint or report a problem with our site or in relation to any dealings with us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us by telephone, your call may be recorded.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or our app or over the telephone or by email and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
- Details of your visits to our site and our app and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND DEVICE INFORMATION
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
- We may collect information about your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”) or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of our app onto your Device, including where available the Device’s or Computer’s unique Device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device’s telephone number, for system administration.
- When you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of our future services may require your personal data for this feature to work. If you wish to use a particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by switching off location based services on your Device.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. In relation to any future App service, where we provide you with (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or our app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with us.
- to sharing such information with third party fulfilment companies for the purposes of fulfilling a booking requested by you which is not being carried out by us;
- to ensure that content from our site and our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where (if required to do so) you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we have previously supplied to you.
- If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data when making a booking or quotation request.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £25 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if UK Chauffeurforce or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of UK Chauffeurforce, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
GDPR – what is it?
On May 25, 2018 the European Union (EU) next generation of data protection law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is set to come into effect. GDPR will replace the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive and aims to strengthen the security and protection of personal data. UK Chauffeurforce values data security and privacy and is preparing to meet this deadline.
Who is impacted by GDPR?
The GDPR applies to organisations headquartered within the EU and organisations headquartered outside the EU that offer goods and services to EU businesses.
How is UK Chauffeurforce Preparing for the GDPR?
UK Chauffeurforce is committed to being prepared ahead of the May 25 2018 compliance date in order to best support our client base and our network of suppliers and affiliate partners. This includes a company-wide initiative to ensure we are ready to satisfy our own GDPR requirements, as well as those of our clients and suppliers.
Brief highlights of what the initiative includes are set out below:
- Update of supplier terms and agreements to ensure any processors or sub-processors will be GDPR compliant
- Marketing exercise ensuring GDPR compliance for all customers and prospect data including the ability for contacts to action those rights incorporated in GDPR
- Employee training in GDPR
- Updated Data Protection Policy reflecting GDPR
- Creation of a data register, outlining personal data UK Chauffeurforce holds and where UK Chauffeurforce is confident in our ability to adjust to GDPR standards and to help our community of customers and suppliers to do the same.
Why have you emailed me about GDPR?
- Because we hold your details on our database in respect of marketing communications purposes, we now legally need to obtain your consent to continue to process that information and communicate with you about our services.
Why do you need my consent?
- Without your consent we can no longer send you marketing communications which you might find of interest.
What happens if I don’t consent?
- Your contact details will be held in our system in a suppression list to ensure that you do not receive any further communications. You have a statutory right to be forgotten and we will completely remove your details from our database upon request.
How long do you keep my details for?
- If you grant us consent, we will keep your details whilst our service is still relevant and whilst you wish to continue to receive our marketing communications. You can withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
What if I later want to withdraw consent?
- You can withdraw consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org